The International Society for Seed Science (ISSS) is a professional organisation of seed scientists committed to fostering and promoting research, education and communication in the scientific understanding of seeds by:
- Publication of scientific research on seed biology in Seed Science Research, the official journal of the ISSS.
- Co-ordination and organisation of conferences, workshops and more specialised meetings related to seed science.
- Publication of proceedings of certain ISSS conferences and other meetings.
- Sharing news and comment of interest to seed scientists and technologists, via online and other fora.
- Support for educational activities in seed biology, including courses, slide exchanges, web sites, etc.
- Establishment of prizes and honours for meritorious work in seed biology.
- Posting of job listings.
- Involvement in political and public relations activities affecting seed research and utilisation.
The ISSS is governed by an Executive Committee consisting of Elected and Appointed Trustees.
More information about the ISSS can be found in our Membership Brochure and in the ISSS Members' Handbook