Links to other seed biology organisations.
As a Society, we aim to maintain close contact with other groups interested in seed biology.
- International Seed Testing Association
- International Society of Seed Technologists (ISST)
- Association of Official Seed Analysts (AOSA)
- Australian Seed Bank Partnership (ASBP)
Links to seed biology research centers.
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew - Wakehurst Place (UK) home of the Millennium Seed Bank.
- Millenium Seed Bank Blog
- USDA-ARS National Center for Genetic Resources Preservation (USA) formerly the National Seed Storage Lab (NSSL).
- Seed Biotechnology Center (University of California) (USA)
- Ornamental Plant Germplasm Center (Ohio State University) (USA)
- Seed Science Laboratory, The University of Reading (UK) - home of the Seed Viability Equation and the Handbooks of Seed Technology for Genebanks
- Gerd Leubner’s ‘Seed Biology Place’
- Wageningen Seed Lab - including scripts and other (freely downloadable) software that the team there have developed over the years.
Links to other seed biology publications
- Seed Technology
- Handbook of Seed Technology for Genebanks, Volume II. Compendium of Specific Germination Information and Test Recommendations.
Handbooks for Genebanks: No. 3
International Board for Plant Genetic Resources, Rome, 1985
This Handbook of Seed Technology for Genebanks was written by staff of the Seed Science Laboratory at The University of Reading and published by the then IBPGR (now IPGRI) in 1985. Volume II dealt with many of the principles of seed testing which need to be understood when monitoring the viability of seed accessions maintained in gene banks.