In the face of continued uncertainty with respect to the COVID pandemic, we have taken the decision to hold the triennial meeting in 2021 online. The meeting will be hosted by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew on 9 to 13 August 2021. We hope that an online meeting will enable us to engage with a wider audience and look forward to an exciting meeting.
Seed Innovation Systems for the 21st Century
Prof. Richard Ellis, The J. Derek Bewley Career Lecture
Prof. Françoise Corbineau, The J. Derek Bewley Career Lecture
Prof. Gerhard Leubner, The Alfred Mayer Plenary Lecture
Dr Guillaume Née, The Michael Black Founders Lecture
- Seed memory – how environment influences traits during development
- Seed lifespan – the science of maximising survival
- Seed innovation systems for the 21st century (local to global)
- Seed form and function – the morphology of success
- Seed germination and stress – niches and coping strategies
Each theme will be supported by keynotes, posters, contributed talks and lightning talks. In addition, we will have themed discussions for strategy development on Enhancing lifespan; CWR-NUS; Trait databases; Seeds for use, e.g., restoration.
Papers from the meeting will be published in a special issue of Seed Science Research.
More details, including registration and abstract submission will be available soon.